Πέμπτη, 15 Ιανουαρίου 2015
These are my personal tips & predictions for 2015:
- Change will be inevitable in every company and organization independent of its size. If you do not enhance a culture of change, your company will not survive. Formulate a Change Strategy and closely monitor changing consumer behaviors, new and emerging business models, increasing competition.
- The experience of your brand should be communicated in a coherent way both online and offline.
- Customers want to enjoy the same quality of information across all your marketing channels and platforms.
- All internet users are becoming publishers.
- Virtual and augmented reality, will change our perception for brands, products, services, communication and the way we interact with each other.
- Storytelling will be embraced by digital marketers in order to grasp targeted audiences.
- Media companies will be hot for producing niche content and monetizing it.
- Mobile analytics will help you understand how your customers interact with your products and services. Leverage mobile payments.
- Big data: we are gathering enormous amount of data from websites, mobiles, etc.
- Wearable tech will leverage big data. We will have access to vast amounts of personalized big data through our wearable tech gadgets. Algorithms will help you make smart decisions.
- Big data generates Artificial Intelligence. In 2014, a computer program named Eugene Groostman beat the Turing test.
- Are 3D printers the next industrial revolution? Which industries will be affected the most?
- Internet of Things (IoT) will connect every electronic device with the world wide web. Households will buy more IoT devices in the near future.
- GNR is continuing to accelerate in an exponential pace. Genetics, Nanotechnology, Robotics. Companies like Google, Microsoft and others, are investing millions in acquiring GNR companies. Nanorobots will also be enhanced in medicine.
- Global economy is hurt by uncertainty. Troubled countries should focus in private invstement and entrepreneurship.
- Falling oil prices will affect both winner and loser oil producing countries, importers & exporters.
- Current social and economic unrest, technological changes, are affecting how people perceive governments around the world.
- Startups are disrupting existing business models (See UBER).
- Experience the crisis in your country as an opportunity.
Feel welcome to post your comments and thoughts!
Δευτέρα, 24 Νοεμβρίου 2014
Legal advice to new entrepreneurs & company registration information - Interview with Maria Tsiliakou
1. Please introduce yourself to the readers of this blog.
My name is Maria Tsiliakou and I am attorney at law for the last 15 years. I obtain an LLM in International Commercial and Business Law, Intellectual and Industrial Rights and I am Arbitrator by ACCI (Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry). As legal counsel of many Greek and multinational businesses I have dealt with a wide range of legal issues that a businessman often has to face. On scientific level I have obtained an MA and a PhD in Criminology.
2. The last few years many new startups and companies are being established in Greece. At the same time, the current taxation system is uncertain and heavy taxation does not favor new entrepreneurs who have to invest their limited resources & budget to grow their company. Which EU countries offer an attractive business environment for starting-up a business?
Each case is different and needs to be treated differently. In Greece there is a high tax on certain types of companies, but there are incentives given to new entrepreneurs. Do not forget that a company in Greece enjoys the security of the EU and can be easily financed through European programs or participate in some European Projects. For example, if an off shore company is to be built, will it have the same opportunities? Of course not. That's why I suggest before entering a company the new entrepreneur receives advice by his legal counsel.
3. What kind of solutions & advice are you able to offer to Greek startups & companies for a tax effective structure, their business operations and planning needs?
Despite the fact that in Greece the tax is high enough for the companies, I would suggest young entrepreneurs not only to resort to setting up an IKE (Private Capital Company), a relatively new corporate entity for the Greek data.
The main advantages of the above mentioned briefly: corporation’s charter may be established by a private document, company’s capital may be of 1 euro. In this case, raising capital tax – the payment of which is mandatory in all types of companies – is limited automatically to 1 cent, the late establishment and operation are much smaller and the annual expenditure for the company's operation is more economical, partners ensure their individual property as their obligation is limited to the amount of the capital. This means less stress, in case something goes wrong. Also, whoever has the biggest share takes the decision, and is able to transfer the real head office abroad maintaining its registered office in Greece.
4. Your view on business migration of a company's legal structure, part of its production, warehouses, services, in other countries while keeping operations in Greece?
The establishment of companies abroad has certainly the advantage of lower taxes and less bureaucracy, when selected a country of incorporation of these features. But it must be clear to stakeholders that often a company’s accounting tracking and practice abroad requires a minimum number of people to be employed in the country where the company is registered, where wage rates or time charges in particular are much higher.
Finally, I would like to point out that if the partner as an individual states the income of the foreign company in Greece, he will be taxed here regularly for the rest of the tax rate remaining. That is, if the individual is taxed in the country of residence of the company to a percentage of 10%, then he will be taxed in Greece with the rest of the recovery percentage.
5. Incorporating your start-up company in Greece vs. abroad?
The establishment of companies in Greece or abroad has more to do with the profile of each entrepreneur on the scope of his activity, the expected profit and growth. As I said, each case is unique and therefore it should be considered and studied separately so as to propose one or more solutions that fit each entrepreneur.
6. Please close this interview the way you see fit. How can people reach you?
My office is staffed by qualified legal associates and together we can provide the most suitable solutions and suggestions for every entrepreneur. It is situated in Pagkrati Attikis (Sp. Merkouri st. 22B, t: 210 7211939), very close to Evangelismos metro station. A quick look around and view of our office can have one on our website www.tsiliakou.gr. In any case, please do not hesitate to visit our office in order to discuss with us and find the most economical and suitable solution to implement in legal terms your business idea.
Thank you for your answers!
The readers of this blog & interview exclusively enjoy a 10% discount for their startup's or company's incorporation fees, 15% discount for other legal services & consulting by Maria Tsiliakou Law Office. Email me at email@example.com to receive your personal discount code.
Τετάρτη, 5 Νοεμβρίου 2014
Moovit celebrates 10 Million users worldwide!
Join the revolution- Share if you #ILikeToMoovit
More in our latest blog post: http://www.moovitapp.com/10-million-users/
”Alex Torres, former Global Head of GeoConsumer Community at Google Maps, is appointed as VP of Global Product Marketing, and will manage the company’s headquarters in San Francisco” – Digital Journal: http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/2304249
Δευτέρα, 20 Οκτωβρίου 2014
Please introduce yourself to the readers of this blog.
I am a business strategist the last 10 years. Mentoring businesses or start-ups. I focus on business strategy and growth.
Why should somebody attend the forthcoming seminars Starting-up your Business in Athens and Thessaloniki?
Your opinion on the Greek start-up ecosystem?
Greek start-up ecosystem is growing fast. Some people will say its a hype, I ll say most emerging industries go through the same stages. There are plenty of start-ups (many of them really growing and scaling fast), available funding, several organizations, accelerators and service providers offering help and support so now is the time to take the leap of faith and risk to transform your own idea into a business. I believe the ecosystem will get better and mature soon. It is a matter of time.
Does Greece need a new global marketing plan? Your suggestions for Greece's revival?
Definitely YES! Greece needs a global marketing strategy. There is none. Decide our 'product offering', our strengths, avoid (while improve) our weaknesses, form the proper go to market strategy and then start a great implementation to bring back results. Greece is an amazing 'product'. It can be a cash-cow while it represents values that people want and understand. The thing is we (Greeks) do not realize that and in some cases we don't want to implement and become better even if there is enough strategy and intelligence to use. I wish I will see Greece thriving again someday, and I am always available to help.
Please close this interview as you see fit.
I often support talents when I see them. I try to jump into the entrepreneurs shoes too. If there are people out there willing to do the next big thing please try to challenge me too. Inspiration is the best thing you can share
Thank you for your answers Apostolis!
Note: If you would like to attend the seminars in Athens (24 October) or Thessaloniki (30 October) with a 50% ticket discount, contact me in my personal email to provide you with a promotional code: skassios(at)gmail(dot)com
Πέμπτη, 2 Οκτωβρίου 2014
Very proud to announce that our startup Hellene.gr stars in the screenplay 'Helen of Joy' written by my business partner Sheridan Tatsuno.
'Helen of Joy' made it to the final list of London Greek Film Festival!
Read the brief synopsis here:
Vote for our screenplay here:
Spread the word!
Hellene.gr creates export jobs & helps orphans in Greece! Join us in revitalizing Greece!